The timeline provided below is the planned schedule for the major activities of the Duck River Water Supply Project. As a project planning, design, and construction activities progress, this timeline will be adjusted as needed.
- Fall 2010 – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers began updating their design of the initial phase of this project.
- Summer 2012 – Construction of Phase I (site preparation) began.
- Fall 2013 - Phase I was completed
- Summer 2014 - Phase 2 Construction began (actual construction of the dam)
- Winter 2015 – Project construction will be completed.
- Fall 2016 – Reservoir will be full.
One of the primary goals for the construction phase of this project is to involve as many Cullman area contractors and suppliers as possible. To help accomplish this goal, we are compiling a list of contractors and suppliers who are interested in working on the project. Please fill out the Contractor Information Sheet and fax, mail, or e-mail back to:
Cullman Economic Development Agency
P.O. Box 1009
200 1st Avenue NE (35055)
Cullman AL 35056-1009
PHASE 1 PROGRESS: