The timeline provided below is the planned schedule for the major activities of the Duck River Water Supply Project. As a project planning, design, and construction activities progress, this timeline will be adjusted as needed.
- Fall 2010 – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers began updating their design of the initial phase of this project.
- During 2012 – Land acquisition is ongoing and expected to be completed.
- Summer 2012 – Construction of the initial phase will begin.
- Summer 2015 – Project construction will be completed.
- Summer 2016 – The Cullman Utilities Board will begin treating water from the new reservoir as an integrated water source with Lake Catoma.
One of the primary goals for the construction phase of this project is to involve as many Cullman area contractors and suppliers as possible. To help accomplish this goal, we are compiling a list of contractors and suppliers who are interested in working on the project. Please fill out the Contractor Information Sheet and fax, mail, or e-mail back to:
Cullman Economic Development Agency
P.O. Box 1009
200 1st Avenue NE (35055)
Cullman AL 35056-1009
PHASE 1 PROGRESS:Photos from the site
- Phase I Construction Bid Schedule:
- February 28, 2012: Advertise for Bids
- March 15, 2012: Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference at Cullman City Hall Auditorium
- March 27, 2012: Bids Received and Opened
- April 24, 2012: Phase 1 Bid awarded to Brasfield & Gorie
- In order to participate in these events, please make sure you click on and fill out the Contractor Information Sheet (link above) and return to Susan Eller.